|Hibiscus and Corker's|
Our friends Robby and Joyce Robinson, who live outside Belmopan, invited us to attend the Belmopan Humane Society www.belmopanhumanesociety.com Valentine's Day Cocktail Fundraiser which was held at the UK High Commission Complex. We dressed up in our Sunday best and arrived at the gate, our names were on the guest list (after being checked for security clearance a few days prior) we were directed to the clubhouse for the party. The party decorations were all Valentine's Day themed--red, white and pink abounded - and the majority of people were festively dressed in red. Raffle tickets were sold, entry tickets were gathered, beverage tickets sold and a silent auction completed the fundraising menu. Hors d oeuvres were freely passed around the crowd as music filled the air. Prizes and silent auction items were awarded all through the night - golf balls, wines, jewelry, acrylic painting (by Carolyn Carr), brownies, cakes, chocolates, perfumes - something for everyone! We had a great time and understand some of the party-goers stayed until 3:30 a.m.!!
Kudos to the Board of Directors:
Chairman - Dewey Morison; Treasurer - Graciela Diaz; Secretary - Lilly Morison; Directors - Tom Tullsen, Kenisha Hoare and Roberto Guerra; Patron - Phyllis Kadle.
We hope that the success of the evening will help support the Belmopan Humane Society's objectives:
- To organize activities and services that promote responsible pet care.
- To reduce the unwanted pet population through an affordable spay/neuter program.
- To provide temporary shelter for animals in need.
- To provide a facility that can function as a hurricane shelter for animals.
- To offer education about care and treatment of pets and promote a bond of caring between humans and all animals, domestic and wild.
|Silent Auction Table|
|Another Silent Auction Table|
|More of the crowd|
|DJ and MC|
|At the Bar|
|Joyce, Dewey and Lilly|
|All In Red!|
|Joyce, US Ambassador Vinai Thummalapally, Babs|
|Dancing with the US Deputy Chief of Mission Margaret Hawthorne|